Flu Season is Upon Us
Alright vapers, with the seasons changing and starting to get colder, that means the flu season is upon us. Which means you need to prepare for being around other sick vapers. So here are a few things to help you avoid getting sick this season.
- Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself from the flu, as long as you don’t mind getting injected.
- Take precautions everyday, for example: Wash your hands, pretend to be dracula when sneezing, when sharing your e-cig, swap out your drip tip (as long as they have a 510 drip tip) to avoid sharing germs
- Using preventive antiviral medications. They are always handy when you know you are going to be around sick people for example vape meets. Never know who you will be around when building coils, cloud competitions, etc.
** Ideas On How to Properly Clean Your Device to Stay Healthy**
Alrighty so lets say your disease riddled friends come over and with out telling you take your e-cig and start vaping constantly. Getting their germs all up in your drip tip, to a point of actually making out with your device. Well just wiping down your device with wipes will not cut it. Its time to do a thorough cleaning, which not only will keep you healthy, it will ensure your vapor production stays efficient, it will prevent your battery from dying faster, and it will help you prevent your juices from losing their taste. Here are some easy steps to follow to clean your device:
1) make sure you take everything apart that is part of your tank (place your battery aside since there is no cleaning required except for wiping down the connection area with a q-tip)
2) Place your atomizer (aka coil), your mouthpiece (510 drip tip normally), your tank (or if you are dripping your housing area), and your base that holds your coil into a glass that has been filled with either cheap vodka or rubbing alcohol. Leave it in there for about 5 minutes, no more.
3) After the 5 minutes, rinse off with water thoroughly and then let dry. You are welcome to wipe everything off, reassemble and refill with more juice, but we recommend waiting overnight before reassembling to allow the wicks in your coil to dry off.
4) Now you are ready to start vaping a clean, non-germ riddled device!
Daily Habits you Should Get Used to During Flu Season
- Washing hands with soap and water, or you can use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Please stay home and vape if you are sick for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone without using fever-reducing medication.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth to keep from spreading germs.
- Try to avoid sharing your electronic device, if anything swap out drip tips.
- If you are sick, please stay home…but if you refuse please to not blow your clouds into other people faces, reduce the spread of your sickness.
Please keep healthy this season, enjoy vaping! 🙂